Earlier today Jimmy finished his last project in his degree. I was super excited that he finished! No more school for Jimmy! Then he said, "I finished school before you! Ha ha!" I was less happy at that point.
However, a few hours later I turned in my final paper and finished my degree. Now we are both happy together.
It hasn't hit me yet. Maybe I've been so ready to graduate for so long, that it's really not as exciting as I thought it would be. Like when people really talk up a movie and you see it and then you're like, "Oh. That's it?" Maybe if we have a party I'll be more excited. Yeah. Party. With chocolate covered strawberries, potato chips, sparkling cider, cheese and crackers, and those confetti popper things. That sounds like a party to me.
As for the next chapter in our lives, it starts tomorrow as we pack up our moving truck. Nate the Great and I fly to Chicago Friday morning. Jimmy and my dad start driving Friday morning. Then...who knows when we'll be back to Provo. It feels like we'll come back because we always come back. We live her. NOT NO MO!
Good bye Provo. It's been fun. I'll miss Zupas' cauliflower soup and looking at the mountains most of all. You can keep the bad drivers, though. I won't miss any of you.
Chicago here we come!
Congrats! Walking at graduation helped solidify the doneness for me. Did you two walk in August? If not, your party idea will do the trick:)
ReplyDeleteI sadly miss Utah's Cafe Rio salads, In N Out, and KSL. And while we were away, a bunch of bad drivers moved to Chicago. So beware:) See you soon!!